PICC- Peripherally Inserted Central Venous catheter Inserted in to peripheral vein near Ante-cubital fossa and the distal tip of the catheter is introduced up to the superior vena cava.
- PICC- Peripherally Inserted Central Venous catheter Inserted in to peripheral vein near Ante-cubital fossa and the distal tip of the catheter is introduced up to the superior vena cava.
- PICC can be used up to six months and suitable for both Hospitalised and home treatment.
- Used for Administration of antibiotics , Chemotherapy, and other drug which are irritant to the peripheral veins .
BASIC SET CONTAINS
- PICC Catheter with Stylet
- PTFE Peel away Introducer Sheath
- Injection Cap
- 5cc syringe
- Measuring tape
|MPICC 2||Peripherally Inserted Central Venous catheter||2 F|
|MPICC 4||Peripherally Inserted Central Venous catheter||4 F|
|MPICC 5||Peripherally Inserted Central Venous catheter||5 F|
Advantages of PICC
- Avoid Repeated Painful Vein punctures with I.V Cannulae and trauma associated with these puncture as well as damage and loss of peripheral veins.
- PICC catheter reduces potential risks in comparison to Jugular or subclavain insertion The PICC catheter can be inserted outside the O.T ( as bedside procedure)
Features & Benefits
- Made UP OF High grade thermosensitive Polyurethane , fully radiopaque material for long term venous access. Innovative catheter design reduces post insertion bleeding .
- PTFE peel away sheath permits easy insertion of PICC
- Come with clear PU extension for patient comfort .